Sunday, January 11, 2009

Nellie, my baby

It would certainly appear that we won't have as much time to say goodbye to Nellie as we thought. I would never, never do anything to cause her pain and I think it would be beyond selfish to keep her going any longer just for my sake. We are still debating the specifics but it will likely be much sooner than later. (We'd planned on Thursday morning.)



As I've mentioned, Nellie has never seemed to have missed out on anything because of her lack of hearing. Her quality of life has appeared to be just as good as any of her peers. However, it is our fervent hope that while she's been deaf since birth, this life is only a small part of forever. Our last gift, besides love that cannot possibly be described, will go with her.

She has been such a wonderful part of my life. I can't believe that she'll be gone. I just can't quite wrap my head around that fact that she won't be lying in front of the door when I get home anymore, she won't wag her stub of a tail when I wiggle my finger at her and she won't be there to put her head down on my lap while we watch T.V.

I think that I've finally decided the answer to my earlier quandary...I'd rather it go fast- no warning- than have to CHOOSE the time that my baby will go to sleep and not wake up.

No comments: