Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Questions and Answers

So, I've recently been given a list of questions to answer. Some are easy but some required a bit more thought. One of these was "what would your best friend say about you?"...that one definitely fits into the more thought category. Before I could answer that, I'd have to figure out who my best friend is. There is an apparent, easy answer but scratching the surface, the matter becomes more muddy. In the traditional sense, I have the "friend" that is closest to me...certainly a best friend. However, I also have Kevin. More than a mere "friend" but he certainly fits all of the criteria. My parents?? Not traditionally included in that list but again, certainly they fit. My sibling? My dogs? Best friend from high school? Best friend from college? Best friend from work?

I'm really not sure how to qualify the title of "best friend" so...I hope that all of the people/quasi-people on that long list would tag me with the attributes of: kind, loving, thoughtful, supportive, a good listener, funny, etc etc etc. But that's not really the kind of thing that you can go up and ask someone without looking a little compliment hungry. So, I prefer to go through life believing that the people I love love me just as much.

No comments: