Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Another day at the POD

Awhile ago, I came up with the nickname "Pit Of Despair" for my place of employment. It occurred to me only recently (which is probably very telling that it took so long) that the acronym is POD. It kind of fits; on several different levels.

So, the wonderful event of the day is that I am waiting my turn to go to the "doc-in-a-box" to be checked out for scabies. One of the kids on a crew that has nothing whatsoever to do with my office caught it and so everybody in the complex gets to be checked. (That's the abbreviated version, by the way.) For all of the faults that I could write about the POD, at least it's never dull. I would just like the surprises to be something that involves me getting money or happiness or boundless self confidence...not scabies. World Peace should probably be in there somewhere too but that's probably asking a bit much of the POD.

No comments: