Friday, August 22, 2008

Friends

First off, I just got around to posting a photo. My nephew was snuggling up to me to punish his mother. I don't usually get that kind of attention...unless I have a shark, dinosaur, car or other toy of interest. The beauty of childhood is the ability to shameless accept bribes without anyone thinking less of you.

There really hasn't been much happening since the last post so I'm struggling to come up with something to write about. I would like to acknowledge my sister-in-law. One of my coworkers, who has become a friend of sorts, divorced a couple of years ago. Her ex has custody of her two children. I overheard her on the phone with her daughter and pieced together that the father did not feel it necessary to buy new school clothes. My friend, quite rightly, said that everyone needed to start school with a new outfit. (However, my friend isn't able to afford to do too much above and beyond her child support payments.) So, I asked the daughter's size and called my sister-in-law. She works in the fashion industry and has a tremendous turn-over in her wardrobe. My thought was that she could donate something out of her closet. She said that she would see what she could find but that the size would probably not work. She then said that she'd go the warehouse of one of the currently trendy companies and see about getting some samples in the correct size. My admiration (which is not limited to her generosity) is great. She doesn't know my friend and likely will never meet her but is willing to go out of her way and likely use up a favor to help someone else out. I really am glad that she's been added to my family.

No comments: