Friday, August 29, 2008

Drowning and Tattoos

My therapist told me that I'm drowning and I had to decide whether to continue to flail or call for help. It was a fairly simple statement but the ramifications are huge. It's stuck in my gut (if that makes any sense) and I keep mulling it over...and over. I really don't know what to do with it.

Well, I had a tattoo session tonight. In fact, we finished the current project...cranes, iris blossom and pine bough. It's on my thigh and ass. It certainly hurts but there's a catharsis in it. I realize that's difficult to understand. Especially for those who have not been inked. It's almost like meditation. Your mind goes off to escape the pain and it's a rather pleasant, healing feeling. I have to admit that I when I thought to go to my "happy place", I couldn't picture my happy place. I kept thinking about it but decided that if you have to put that much thought into it, it's probably not an authentic "happy place". I don't know what that means or what kind of person it makes me but oh well. Quite frankly, I don't care.

No comments: