Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Nellie Memories

I didn't go to work again today. I'm still a blubbering mess. While I was walking the dog that we adopted shortly after Kangaroo passed, Banks, I noticed Nellie's footprints in the snow. I also saw the marks left from her eating snow out of one of the banks. She always loved it when it snowed. She'd eat the icy snow but much preferred new, fresh snow. We're having a warm spell and I would imagine that the bite marks will be gone today and the footprints not long after. I realize the fact that there will be constant reminders of her everywhere in the house. It's going to take a bit of time to get used to it.

Nellie gave much more than she ever asked for. I have never regretted adopting her and she has added more to my life than I could ever hope to thank her for. She will be as sorely missed as much as she was utterly loved.

No comments: