Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Why yes, it can get worse!

The POD is bordering on unbearable. Given that I have no staff (I have a secretary that works part time for the nursery and two temp agency guys), I'm VERY quickly running out of steam. I only have three months left but traditionally, these are the busiest three months. I'm actually looking forward to unemployment at this point. Although, being the cynic, I'm sure they'll find a way to fire my instead of laying me off so that I can't collect unemployment.

Anyway, via Facebook, I've reconnected with some old friends. Memories that have been forgotten on one side have been held on to and cherished on the other. And what they say about "everybody's on Facebook" certainly seems to be true. There's only been one person that I haven't been able to find. Which is sad, I miss her quirky sense of humor.

However, all of the old times have certainly made me melancholy and given my propensity toward depressed states, that might not be the best thing for me. I have a couple of new friends but nothing like things used to be. Kevin tells me that I live in the past and sometimes in the future but never in the moment...screw that. The moment sucks rocks!!

No comments: